Member/Consumer Financial Information Privacy
- WEE Federal Credit Union will protect the confidentiality of each member's
non-public personal information. This will be accomplished consistently
with all State and Federal laws.
- WEE Federal Credit Union will take measures to protect the accuracy and
privacy of all information used in the normal operation of business.
- WEE Federal Credit Union will not collect or maintain information concerning its members that is not essential for normal business purposes.
- All directors, committee members, officers, and employees of WEE Federal Credit Union are required to hold in confidence all credit union transactions with its members including all information concerning a member's account and to protect private member information.
Information WEE Federal Credit Union Collects
WEE Federal Credit Union collects non-public information about you from some or all of the following sources:
- Information we receive from our applications or other forms, such as your
name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and
credit card usage.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as creditworthiness and credit history.
Shared Member Information
It is the policy of the WEE Federal Credit Union to prohibit the disclosure of member information to third parties except:
- When such disclosure is necessary to complete member transactions with
non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- To comply with any court orders, applicable laws or regulations.
- When written permission is given by the member(s).
- Information WEE Federal Credit Union provides to credit reporting agencies,
which the Fair Credit Reporting Act strictly regulates.
- To non-affiliated third parties with whom WEE Federal Credit Union has a joint marketing agreement (e.g., personal and credit insurance products and services).
WEE Federal Credit Union does not sell or provide the personal information to third parties for independent use. We may share personal information with our credit union affiliates allowed by Federal Law, if that information is required to provide a product or service that we believe may benefit the member.
If you send an E-mail, WEE FCU may collect and store personally-identifying information in order to process your E-mail, form or application. This information will not be sold to any third parties.
When visiting a secure site, such as our Home Banking page, you will be asked for Member Number and Password which will give you access to the member only section of our website. This information allows WEE FCU to regulate entry to the member only portions of our website. Any identifying information gathered will not be sold to third parties.
If you link to another site from any of our pages, you will be leaving our site pages and we are not held responsible for any information that may be gathered at a linked site.
Statement of Policy
The protection of member privacy is an ongoing process and the WEE Federal Credit Union will continue to review and monitor measures taken to safeguard member information. All member information shared with vendors, including all contracts and agreements between the vendor and the WEE Federal Credit Union shall guarantee to safeguard of all information. We restrict access to nonpublic information to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulation to guard your nonpublic personal information.
WEE Federal Credit Union reserves the right to amend this policy.
ATM and Debit Card Privacy Disclosure
Account information is provided to a third-party processor solely for the purpose of approving or denying the requested transaction. All information remains confidential.
304-420-9517 or 800-257-8303.